Can you act cool when you know that thousands of people are watching your move and they have high expectations from you?
Maybe not for most of us.
Being a sportsman is not an easy job, when you are in the limelight and people are looking up to you then you are bound to feel pressured!
You know that you inspire people, your every move will make or break their hearts! so the responsibility is huge!
But a true sportsman knows how to handle this heat, he knows how to remain calm when faced with tough situations.
Here are some of the qualities that catch the essence of true sportsmanship!
A Sportsman is not afraid of mistakes!
- A true sportsman is not afraid to air out his dirty laundry, he has the grace to admit the defeat and have the guts to say that they’ll improve and make things right.
- A true sportsman enjoys sports just like a child; you can spot a person easily when he is in love with his sport!
- Achieving a record or winning comes second to romancing with the game for a true sportsman!
One for all and all for one mindset!
- They understand the importance of their team or the coaches.
- They acknowledge that their success is a combined effort of their team.
- A true sportsman takes the blame when they lose a match, and they give equal credit to their team for winning.
A Sportsman is Hardworking!
- They are not afraid of hard work, rather they enjoy the process.
- They are disciplined, fair, and honest! In short, all the qualities of a true gentleman!
Sport is sacred for them!
- They treat their sport as sacred; they respect the equipment and have the utmost respect for the sport!
Self-improvement is the key!
- They don’t criticize others. However, they help their teammates in overcoming their weaknesses.
- A true sportsman focuses on improving his weaknesses rather than pointing out others!
- A match may last for about 10 minutes or an hour or a day at most! The performance we all see in those matches is the result of the daily struggle that sportsmen go through.
Humility to the max!
- They don’t have false airs or attitudes; they take pride in what they do but are far away from arrogance.
- A true sportsman is humble that’s why we admire them!
These are my personal thoughts on sportsmanship, please let me know your thoughts on the same in comments!
For more article you can refer to this: